Autumn break: Fun activities for the whole family
Week 42 is the official week for autumn vacation in North Denmark, meaning that all schools are closed, and many workers have vacation time.
In case you are one of the lucky ones who get to enjoy a week off from studying or working during, the International House North Denmark has some suggestions for how you can spend your time and enjoy your holiday.
All over North Denmark, many different activities are taking place, and here are some of the autumn activities you can participate in:
- Aalborg Zoo invites everyone to participate in Halloween fun in the park where different activities are scheduled the whole week from 10.00-14.00. Read more.
- Fårup Sommerland outside of Blokhus invites everyone to Høstfest (harvest festival) and Lysfald during the whole week. You can enjoy Lysfald when the sun sets and the park has been decorated with thousands of lamps and lights. Read more.
- Blokhus has a autumn festival with fun activities for the whole family during this week. Some activities are their Sea Witch Race, Zombie Fun Run and a 53 meter tall crane you can get on. Read more.
- Jesperhus blomsterpark in Nykøbing Mors also celebrates Halloween where the park is full of scary decorations and open for entertainment and activities the whole week. Read more.
- Take a trip with Limfjordsbanen on their old steam train where different trips will take place during this week. See departure times and buy tickets here.
- Visit the viking museum Fyrkat, where you during week 42 can join guided tours in the area and try some of their many activities. See ticket prices and activities here.
- Pumpkin hunting! Halloween is just around the corner so the autumn vacation is a good time to go pumpkin hunting. In fact, there are many places in North Denmark where you can collect your own pumpkin. See where here.
These are just some of the activities you can partake in during your Fall vacation, but there is so much more!