Concerts and cheap vinyl: Come to a great music festival next week
It’s autumn, it’s gray, and it’s Wednesday.
But with autumn comes several indoor cultural events that are definitely worth attending.
On October 12th and 13th, for the second year in a row, the people of Aalborg have the opportunity to experience the city’s underground scene up close when “Lyden af Aalborg” (The Sound of Aalborg) takes place again.
It will be both musical and lyrical when Aalborg Libraries, together with Studenterhuset (The Student House) and Huset in Hasserisgade, repeat “Lyden af Aalborg” with new names.
Here you can experience acts like Cort Lunde, Telus, Stöj Snak, and Sigurvin Sigurdsson, among many others, as stated in a press release by Aalborg Libraries.
The mini-festival features bands, artists, and writing talents from Aalborg, as well as two soloists who take an outsider’s perspective on the city.
To celebrate Aalborg’s poetry, both in Danish and English, there will be poetry readings, creative contributions, and events that will stage poetry and music.
Do a good deed and save a record
In addition to the music, there will be a sale of the library’s discarded vinyl records, CDs, and music literature at ridiculously low prices on Friday at Studenterhuset.
The materials are only available for sale at Studenterhuset on this one day. In addition to the music sale, there will be a “Save the Records” auction with a DJ and selected albums.
The auction takes place through bids, while a random track from the album is played, and the highest bidder when the track ends wins the auction.
If there are no bids on the album, the record or CD will be destroyed with sorrow and pain in the heart (or something like that).
Make your entrance ticket an accessory
Tickets for the whole affair cost only 50 kroner. Included in the price is a limited, ultra-rare and only available on the day tote bag, which also serves as an entry ticket to the concerts at Studenterhuset and Huset on Friday, October 13th.
The tote bag is also your perfect excuse to bring home a few extra records on Thursday when they hold the “Save the Records” auction.
You can pick up the tote bag at the Main Library on Thursday, October 12th after purchasing your ticket.
Thursday, October 12th, Main Library (free entry)
- 16:00 – Welcome Gathering
- 16:30 – Caroline Ølgaard Andersen and Christina Momme
- 17:00 – Double Concert with Anna Skov Jensen and Baldur Heinesen
- 18:00 – Cort Lunde
- 18:45 – Caroline Ølgaard Andersen and Jens Bugay-Hougaard
- 19:30 – PM: Telus
Friday, October 13th, Studenterhuset and Huset in Hasserisgade (entrance fee 50 kroner)
- 17:00 – 19:00 – Save the Records with DJ in Studenterhuset’s Café – free entry. Sale of the library’s discarded vinyl records, CDs, and music literature at ridiculously cheap prices. These materials will only be available for sale at Studenterhuset on this day. In addition to the music sale, there will be a “Save the Records” auction with DJ and selected albums. The auction takes place through bids, while a random track from the album is played, and the highest bidder when the track ends wins the auction. If there are no bids on the album, the record or CD will be destroyed with sorrow and pain in the heart (or something).
- 19:15 – Double Concert with Stöj Snak and Sigurvin Sigurdsson
Huset in Hasserisgade
- 21:00 – 22:30 – Song Relay with Majken Lex, Kleo, and Mija Milovic (Songwriters Room)
- 22:30 -???: Afterparty
The program at the Main Library on Thursday and the “Save the Records” auction can be accessed without a ticket, while it requires a ticket (tote bag) to attend the concerts at Studenterhuset and Huset in Hasserisgade.
There are only 75 tickets and cool limited edition tote bags available, so hurry to secure your ticket for the festivities.
Buy tickets for “Lyden af Aalborg” here.