Do you love animals?: Become a volunteer at Nordjyllands Internat
If you can’t get enough of cute kittens, dogs, rabbits, and generally any furry pet, then there’s good news for you!
By popular demand, Nordjyllands Internat (an animal shelter in North Jutland) has once again opened up for the possibility of becoming a volunteer at Nordjyllands Internat in Hjallerup.
Nordjyllands Internat is seeking persons of different ages and experiences. If you’re under 12 years old, you can become a “cat petter.” But they’re also looking for volunteers older and younger than 18 years old.
By volunteering, you can make a difference for the animals at the shelter.
However, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must, as a minimum, be able to stay at the shelter for two hours in a row every 14 days.
- You must have a valid tetanus vaccination.
- You must be independent and take initiative.
- You must be able to handle cleaning jobs and other practical tasks.
- Maintain confidentiality of the animal welfare and social affairs that happen in the shelter.
- Nordjyllands Internat highly recommends that you let your pets or animals be vaccinated to avoid contagion.
- And obviously, you must have a big heart for animals and a willingness to make a positive change.
To be considered for volunteering, send an e-mail to the shelter.
If your application is approved, you will receive an e-mail response. The next step is an intro evening where you’ll go through an introduction of the tasks that Nordjyllands Internat expects of you as a volunteer.
Read more about it here.