Five years in a row: Applaus and Nam jointly create fantastic New Years’ menu
How unforgettable can your New Year’s Eve be without fantastic food to complete the evening?
Once again, two of Aalborg’s best restaurants, Applaus and Nam, are teaming up to create the ultimate New Year’s experience for takeaway.
It is the fifth time the two restaurants are offering a New Year’s menu, which is usually very popular.
“We created an easy and delicious menu that requires minimal home prepping and a detailed guide.
Our menu helps you eliminate shopping and stress on the last day of the year. Instead, you can concentrate energy and time on your guests and the party,” the restaurants say about the New Year’s menu.
… psst: Order before December 1st, save 10 %, and get a menu for just 495 kr. per person. ORDER HERE.
This year you can also order from their sister restaurant SMAEK, which has a delicious 3-course menu requiring minimal preparation, so there is no need to stand in the kitchen all day. Read more about it further down.
APPLAUS & NAM NEW YEAR MENU
– Tataki salmon with ponzu sauce and roasted sesame
– Tapioca chips with mushroom remoulade and frisée salad
– Water cake with truffle cream, cured ham, and black truffle
– Grilled Essan sausage with gherkins and gooseberry salsa
– Tartar beef with coarse kimchi cream, pickled onion, egg yolk, artichoke chips, and crisp salad
– Baked New Year’s cod with creamy lobster bisque, salted almonds, and herb oil
– Grilled beef with potato fondant, creamy purée on Jerusalem artichokes, confit King trumpet mushrooms, and filled truffle sauce
– “Bar” on chocolate with blackcurrant puree, crispy meringue, nut crunch, and sorrel
Bread and butter
Price pr. person 495,- (Inden 1. december – herefter 550 kr. pr. person)
SMAEK NEW YEARS MENU
Freshly baked Manitoba dumplings with whipped butter and dill.
Foamed lobster bisque, baked pollack with herb butter, herb salad, and grilled leek with garlic.
Beef rump fillet in truffle soufflé with salt-baked celery, celery puree, pickled pearl onions, intense pepper glaze, and oven-roasted potatoes tossed in herbs.
Chocolate lava cake with passion fruit ice cream, mango puree, caramelized coconut flakes, mint, and crispy meringue.
Price: 345 per person (if you order before 1 December 2022, the price is 325 per person)