Football fever: Watch the World Cup on big screens all over Aalborg
The World Cup in Qatar starts on November 20th.
That’s only a few days away, and Denmark will play their first match on November 22nd against Tunisia.
If you think your TV on the living room wall is far too small to appreciate Eriksen’s dribbling skills and Thomas Delaney’s gorgeous hair then there’s no need to worry; large screens are set up in several places in the city.
The first two locations to announce these large-screen events were Gigantium and Aalborg Streetfood, and we just learned that Studenterhuset is also participating in the festivities.
We’ve gathered all the game details and local locations where you can watch Denmark – and other nations – play.
Gigantium Ice Arena
The Hyundai Fanzone invites you inside for free big-screen football in the Gigantium Ice Arena.
You can collect the tickets on Wednesday, November 9th, from 10 AM at www.universe.com. Two tickets can be drawn per user.
There are issued more tickets than the capacity allows. Thus, people are encouraged to arrive well in advance as it is first come, first served.
The arenas open three hours before the start of the match and can hold 5000 spectators.
The arena will show all of Denmark’s matches:
- Tuesday, November 22nd, 14:00 – Denmark vs. Tunisia (doors open at 11:00)
- Saturday, November 26th, 17:00 – Denmark vs. France (doors open at 14:00)
- Wednesday, November 30th, 16:00 – Denmark vs. Australia (doors open at 13:00)
Aalborg Streetfood was successful with its large-screen events during the European Cup last year.
There was plenty of summer and sun for those events. Streetfood isn’t holding back from another big-screen event despite the chilly weather. Only this time, it will be inside with some heat.
They are showing Denmark’s first three matches: Tuesday 22nd, Saturday 26th, and Wednesday 30th of November.
The best part? You get in free for all the matches. Moreover, several of the stalls will also be open so you can buy food.
There will also be free shuffleboard and karaoke.
Studenterhuset (Student House)
The latest organizer to offer up some football viewing is Studenterhuset.
Of course, they will show the Denmarks matches on November 22nd, 26th, and 30th. However, many other games will be aired as well.
The café is open for several games with cold draft beer on tap, good humor, and cheer – guaranteed. You’re allowed to bring your own food.
All games are free:
- Monday, November 21st, 14:00: Senegal – Holland (café)
- Tuesday, November 22nd, 14:00 DENMARK – Tunesia (café)
20:00 France – Australia (café)
- Thursday, November 24th, 20:00: Brazil – Serbia (café)
- Friday, November 25th, 20:00: England – USA (café)
- Saturday, November 26th, 17:00 France – DENMARK (café)
20:00 Argentina – Mexico (café)
- Mandag, November 28th, 17:00: Brazil – Switzerland (café)
20:00 Portugal – Uruguay (café)
- Wednesday, November 30th, 16:00: Australia – DENMARK (Concert Hall)
- Thursday, December 1st, 16:00 Croatia – Belgium (café)
20:00 Japan – Spain(café)
Read more here.