Gourmet burgers and gospel: Join American Days in the city center
For over 100 years, the Danish-American friendship association, “Rebildselskabet”, has been celebrating freedom, friendship, and unity between the two countries through their community and volunteer work.
Independence Day in the United States is usually celebrated with festivities on July 4th.
In Aalborg, Gabels Torv will be decorated and filled with various activities that support and showcase the friendly ties between the US and Denmark on July 1st.
It will be a day filled with a fun and festive atmosphere in the city center, where people, both with and without relations to the USA, can come together to celebrate freedom, friendship, and unity.
The program for the day at Gabels Torv:
- 11:00 – 18:00: “Udvandrearkivet” presents an exciting display.
- 11:00 – 14:00: Visit from Aalborg American Wheels.
- 12:00 – 18:00: Beer tastings from innovative Danish breweries Amager Bryghus, Thisted Bryghus, and Alefarm Brewing.
- 12:00 – 18:00: Restaurant MEAT serves delicious gourmet burgers.
- 12:30 – 14:30: Experience the fantastic Aalborg Gospel Choir as they perform.
- 15:00 – 16:30: Alexander Janku and Peter Løhde will share incredible world stories combined with their passion for beer, humor, and exciting tales.
- 16:30 – 18:00: Enjoy the summer ambience at Gabels Torv with cosy jazz music.
Celebrate the bond between the USA and Denmark.
The celebration of the US Independence Day takes place on July 4th at Rebild Bakker, but already on July 1st, you can get a sneak preview of the festivities at Gabels Torv and be part of the celebration.
Read more about the event here.