Great news: J-day returns in a corona-friendly format
Corona put an end to the annual J-day as we know it.
Thankfully, Royal Unibrew is resuscitating the celebration of the Christmas brew in cooperation with bars, restaurants, and cafés. Instead of flocking to Jomfru Ane Gade, as usual, a corona-friendly online event will be live-streamed to select establishments all over the country.
Although the corona-virus has put the brakes on how we partake in events, it should be possible for people to celebrate the traditional J-day.
That is at least how Royal Unibrew sees it as stated in their press release.
“J-day is one of the most traditional and special days for our customers in the bar and restaurant industry and Danes who line up at their local establishments every year,” Carsten Nørland, Nordic director of Royal Unibrew, says.
Online beer-tasting, live music, and bingo
J-day Live is a corona-friendly Christmas show with everything from beer-tasting to music, and bingo, which will be live-streamed at bars, cafés, and restaurants on Friday, November 6, at 16:59.
The four-hour-long Christmas show will feature music from MC Einar, a quiz with Christian Degn, and cooking with the chef Umut Sakarya.
You can experience the show at your local establishment; check out www.jdaglive.dk to see, which places are participating.
In order to make the event as safe as possible, the participating locations are selling tickets in advance.
J-day Live is open for anyone who’s interesting in hosting, and Royal Unibrew is hoping to gain at least 300 collaborators across Denmark.
- J-day Live takes place on Friday, November 6, from 16:59 to 20:59
- Get an overview of all participating establishments on www.jdaglive.dk. New places will continuously be added
- The Christmas show consists of:
- Beer-tasting with Carsten Bertelsen (beer-expert from Natholdets Christmas calendar)
- Christmas kitchen with Umut Sakarya
- Live-music with MC Einar
- Quiz with Christian Degn
- Christmas bingo with prizes
- Christmas stories with Pede B
- Aside from being able to live stream the show, the participating establishments will also be offered a package with Christmas decorations and beer to set the mood